The Bake ‘n’ take will be selling on Thursdays and Fridays from now on.
Saturday Detention is this Saturday, April 10th from 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Sign up is across from the office.
Seniors-The Alumni & Friends Scholarship has been extended until Friday, April 9. This is the final deadline, there will be no late submissions after 3:40 p.m.
There will be a HS Girls Basketball meeting on Thursday, April 8th at 7:35 a.m. in the gym for all girls interested in playing next year.
- Prom will be held Saturday, April 24. Please remember that you must be in good standing to attend. The Prom Checkpoint will be April 20, which is only 4 days before Prom. Please be aware of your eligibility.
- All fines and fees must be taken care of prior to Prom. This includes missing items from the library. Please check your lunch balances and check with Mrs. Johnson to clear up any outstanding balances. Juniors, this also includes your class dues.
- Please make sure you are submitting your guest permission forms for Prom to the office by Friday, April 16th.
- Prom tickets will be sold beginning Thursday, April 8 during lunch. Tickets are $5 per person.
- Junior parents we need your help for Prom. Snacks are needed for our students. Please have your junior sign up on the office window. Suggestions are: water, brownies, cookies, chips, rice Krispy treats, fruit, cheese and crackers. The food can be store bought or homemade.
- There is a sign up sheet for Project Prom t-shirts on the bulletin board across from the office. Shirts are free to Juniors and Seniors, but you need to sign up with your shirt size. Your guest shirt cost $5.00. Deadline to sign up is April 9. You can attend Project Prom even if you do not attend Prom.
We will do the training with Pure Freedom this week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All trainings are in the library. Freshmen will be during 2nd period, 7th grade- 3rd period, Seniors-4th period, Sophomores- 5th period, Juniors-6th period, and 8th grade- 7th period.
There will be a football meeting on Friday (4/9) @ 7:40am in the gym, don't be late. Any 7-11 grader (MS & HS Football) wanting to play must be there.
Any A+ student interested in earning hours, the Farber Fire Department has asked for assistance with working the baseball concession stands. There is a sign up sheet across from the office on the bulletin board. Thank you, Mrs. Utterback
StuCo Seniors: Applications for the Red Cross Scholarship and the Student Council Scholarship are available on the Scholarship menu option of the Van-Far home page. Applications must be completed and turned-in to Mr. Rost no later than April 16th.
Monday, April 12 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sacred Heart Catholic Church will be holding a FREE Drive thru Burrito lunch including chips, fruit cup, cookie and water.
NJHS and the Special Education Department will be holding a raffle for the STRIKE OUT AUTISM baseball game on April 8th. There are lists of prizes for the raffle around school and you may buy tickets from an NJHS member or Mrs. Robinson. Raffle tickets are $1 for one, $5 for 6, and $10 for an arm's length.
NJHS is selling Autism Awareness Puzzle Pieces for $1 for the Strike Out Autism baseball game which all proceeds will go to Camp Barnabas and Easter Seals Midwest.
EAP Teacher: Robinson
Lunch Today: Spicy Chicken patty/Chicken Patty; Buffalo Chicken wrap; Cobb salad; served with fresh garden salad, chilled fruit.
Lunch Tomorrows: Super Nachos; Corn Dog; Cheesy Chicken caesar; served with fresh garden salad, chilled fruit.
Wednesday, April 7
Golf at the Vandalia Country Club at 4:00 pm.
Thursday, April 8
Baseball at home against Community R-6 at 5:00 pm. Gate Duty: Ashlee Waddell
Saturday, April 10
JH Track away at Louisiana at 9:30 am. Bus leaves at 8:00 am.
Monday, April 12
Teacher PD Day.
Golf away at Palmyra at 9:00 am.
JH Track away at Wright City Invitational at 3:30 pm. Bus leaves at 1:30 pm.
Baseball away at Marion Co. at 5:00 pm. Bus leaves at 3:00 pm.
Tuesday, April 13
HS Track away at North Callaway at 4:00 pm. Bus leaves at 2:40 pm.
Baseball away at Elsberry at 5:00 pm. Bus leaves at 3:10.